Pasta is not something that we make fresh very often, as dried pasta is usually cheap and plentiful in the supermarkets, but fresh pasta is actually really easy to make and it is worth the extra effort every once in a while.
Ingredients (Per Person)
100 grams of flour
Food Processor (for working the dough – we mix ours by hand)
1. Measure out the required amount of flour for the number of people you are catering for. Place into a bowl and form a well in the middle of the flour.
2. Add the eggs into the well and slowly mix into the flour until a dough is formed. Add a small amount of water or more flour as required.
3. Knead the dough for around 5 minutes until it starts to feel quite elastic.
4. Dust your surface with flour and cut your dough into small pieces. Roll out each piece thinly – preferably using a pasta machine, as this will allow you to reach the perfect thinness.
5. You can then shape the pasta into your preferred style -We like to cut into strips to create a rustic Tagliatelle.
6. Bring a pan of water to the boil and add salt.
7. Cook the pasta for around 2-3 minutes, depending on the thickness of your pasta shapes. Thicker pieces may require a little longer.
8. Drain and serve with your favourite pasta sauce.